Legacy Family Tree Webinars is pleased to announce a new 12-part Scottish genealogy series by one of Scotland's most prominent genealogists, Dr. Bruce Durie. The course takes you through the critical aspects of Scottish genealogy. For those with Scottish ancestry, this in-depth course is essential.
The remaining six webinars in the series have just been released. You can watch Foundations of Scottish Genealogy 7 of 12: Using ScotlandsPlaces for People in Land and Tax Records for free through June 12, 2019. The remaining classes are available through membership in Legacy Family Tree Webinars.
Foundations of Scottish Genealogy
7. Using ScotlandsPlaces for People in Land and Tax Records etc., Maps, Gazetteers - (Free through 12 June 2019)
About the Presenter
Dr. Bruce Durie is considered one of Scotland's top genealogists, with an international reputation. He is perhaps best known for his eight-year BBC radio series, “Digging Up Your Roots” and “A House with A Past”, and he has authored over 30 books, including the best-selling “Scottish Genealogy” now in its 4th edition. His background is in medicine and neuropharmacology, as well as holding a doctoral degree in history and education.
- "Celt-ish: Uncovering the Great 'Celtic' Conspiracy" (The History Press, late 2019/early 2020)
- “The American Declaration of Independence and the Declaration of Arbroath” (early 2020)
Other honours and awards:
- Shennachie (Genealogist and Historian) to the Chief of Durie
- Elected to the prestigious Académie Internationale de Généalogie (the only member from Scotland)
- Recently appointed Chartered Biologist (CBiol) by the Royal Biological Society for his work on the public understanding of Genetic Genealogy
- Founding Member of the Register of Qualified Genealogists (www.qualifiedgenealogists.org)
- Founding Member of the Editorial Board of two scholarly, peer-reviewed journals, Genealogy (www.mdpi.com/journal/genealogy) and The Journal of Genealogy and Family History (www.qualifiedgenealogists.org/ojs)
- Fulbright Senior Scottish Studies Scholar 2016, spending eight months researching “Scottish Migration into Colonial America” at St Andrews University, Laurinburg, North Carolina, USA
- Right of Audience at the Court of the Lord Lyon
More info at: www.brucedurie.co.uk
Legacy Family Tree Webinars provides genealogy education where-you-are through live and recorded online webinars and videos. Learn from the best instructors in genealogy including Thomas MacEntee, Judy Russell, J. Mark Lowe, Lisa Louise Cooke, Megan Smolenyak, Tom Jones, and many more. Learn at your convenience. On-demand classes are available 24 hours a day! All you need is a computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
Subscribe today and get access to this BONUS members-only webinar AND all of this:
- All 936 classes in the library (1,206 hours of quality genealogy education)
- 4,157 pages of instructors' handouts
- Chat logs from the live webinars
- Additional 5% off anything at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
- Chance for a bonus subscribers-only door prize during each live webinar
- Additional members-only webinars
It's just $49.95/year.
Look at our lineup of speakers for 2019! All live webinars are free to watch.