One of our favorite webinar speakers, Mary Roddy, has some new letters after her name - CG. She has just been awarded the prestigious Certified Genealogist credential by the Board for Certification of Genealogists. According to BCG, "those who hold this credential have demonstrated their competence in research, analysis, kinship determination, and reporting skills." Congratulations Mary Roddy, CG!
Mary joined FamilyTreeWebinars.com as a speaker in 2014 and immediately was a hit with our viewers. She is most known for her series of webinars on using Excel for genealogy. View her classes at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com/MaryRoddy or click the image below.
We are also honored to be the host of the webinar series of the Board for Certification of Genealogists. Each month, a credentialed member of the organization presents a free, live webinar on a variety of topics. Register for future live webinars at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com/BCG. Recordings of the presentations are also found here. The top 5 most-viewed BCG webinars include:
- Transcribing Documents: There is More Than Meets the Eye! by LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson, JD, CG, CGL
- Thinking About Becoming a Board-certified Genealogist? by Elissa Scalise Powell, CG, CGL
- FAN + GPS + DNA: The Problem-Solver's Great Trifecta by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL
- Valid and Unsound Assumptions: What Was She Thinking? by Jeanne Bloom, CG
- Writing Up Your Research by Michael J. Leclerc, CG