Every Friday we're pleased to offer Legacy Family Tree Webinar subscribers a new bonus webinar just for them! This Friday enjoy "Using DNA for Adoption & Unknown Parentage Work" by Mary Eberle, JD. If you're not a member, remember the webinar previews are always free.
Using DNA for Adoption & Unknown Parentage Work
Adoption and unknown (or misattributed) parentage events—whether recent or in the past—can challenge genealogists. DNA can be a powerful tool for finding birth families. We’ll cover techniques and resources for this work.
- Review of laws affecting adoptees’ access to their birth information
- Steps for using DNA for adoption work
- Predicting matches’ relationships based on amount of shared DNA
- Finding related matches: shared matches/in-common-with matches
- Reviewing matches’ trees—finding common ancestors
- Building trees back and forward in time
- Developing and testing hypotheses for the unknown parent(s)
About the Presenter
Mary Eberle is a DNA expert who founded DNA Hunters,® LLC in 2015. She is also an educator, an international speaker, and the author of “23 Best Tips for DNA Testing and Family History.” Mary is a retired patent attorney with extensive DNA experience. Over 30 years ago, she began her scientific career. She developed DNA tests for transplant patients. Today, she leads the DNA Hunters team, which finds people’s biological parent and grandparents.
See all the webinars by Mary Eberle in the Legacy library.
Legacy Family Tree Webinars provides genealogy education where-you-are through live and recorded online webinars and videos. Learn from the best instructors in genealogy including Thomas MacEntee, Judy Russell, J. Mark Lowe, Lisa Louise Cooke, Megan Smolenyak, Tom Jones, and many more. Learn at your convenience. On-demand classes are available 24 hours a day! All you need is a computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
Subscribe today and get access to this BONUS members-only webinar AND all of this:
- All 961 classes in the library (1,234 hours of quality genealogy education)
- 4,301 pages of instructors' handouts
- Chat logs from the live webinars
- Additional 5% off anything at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
- Chance for a bonus subscribers-only door prize during each live webinar
- Additional members-only webinars
It's just $49.95/year.