It's time for another skill challenge!
Try to read the document below and then see if you can answer the questions.
The answers will be posted Friday, September 20, 2019.
1. What type of document is this?
2. Where would you find this document?
3. Without worrying about months or days, what year was Thomas Lovell born?
4. Where was Thomas Lovell born (take a creative stab at this)?
5. What year did he live in Salem?
6. Whose house did he live in?
7. How long did he live in that house?
8. What was near the house and who owned it?
9. Thomas Lovell is describing a memory/fact that occuried how many years ago?
For an extra challenge, take a stab at transcribing the document.
Have fun! The answers will be released next Friday, September 20, 2019.
Marian Pierre-Louis is a genealogy professional who specializes in educational outreach through webinars, internet broadcasts and video. Her areas of expertise include house history research, southern New England research and solving brick walls. Marian is the Online Education Producer for Legacy Family Tree Webinars where she produces online genealogy education classes. Once a month you'll find her as the evening host of Legacy Family Tree Webinars. Check out her webinars in the Legacy library.