Legacy Family Tree Webinars and MyHeritage are delighted to announce the addition of fifteen Genetic Genealogy Ireland (GGI) 2019 presentations to the Legacy webinar library. The classes, recorded live during in the 2019 Belfast and Dublin conferences, include presentations by top international genetic genealogists on the latest developments in genetic genealogy with a special focus on their application to Irish genealogy.
The presentations include:
- Using GenomeMate Pro & Other Tools by Michelle Leonard
- Irish Genealogies & DNA: Back into the Mythological Past by Bart Jaski
- Exploring new Y-DNA Horizons with Big Y-700 by Iaian McDonald
- Irish Genealogy Down Under by Michelle Patient
- The DNA Journey: Perspectives from Irish Adoptees by Dolores Quinlan
- Canadian Casualty Identification Program - Using Databases to Connect Families to their Lost Soldiers by Mags Gaulden
- An Irish-Ukrainian Case Study by Regina Negrycz
- Did the Irish Bring Rare mtDNA to Newfoundland? by David Pike
- The Tools at DNAgedcom & Genetic.Family by Rob Warthen & John Collins
- Managing Your DNA Matches by Donna Rutherford
- DNA Successes of a non-DNA Expert by Alan Rosborough
- Using Y-DNA Testing to Investigate Ulster and Scottish Surnames by John Cleary
- DNA Testing for Complete Beginners by Debbie Kennett
- Why Testing at Ancestry is Not Enough by Martin McDowell
- Do You Have the DNA of a Scottish Clan? by Alasdair Macdonald
The Genetic Genealogy Ireland 2020 presentations will also be added to the Legacy Family Tree Webinars library after their completion.
The annual Genetic Genealogy Ireland conference, hosted by Maurice Gleeson, has been running since 2013 in Dublin. It consists of 2-3 days of DNA Lectures from leading genetic genealogists in Ireland, the UK and Worldwide. In 2018, a second DNA Lecture series was started in Belfast.
How to access
Access to the classes is included at no additional charge for those with a webinar membership. Visit https://familytreewebinars.com/ggi and login to view. For more information about webinar membership, or to join, click here.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,169 classes, 1,418 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 4,756 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year