Mistrust Transcriptions: And Here's Why - free webinar by Dr. Bruce Durie now online for limited time
May 27, 2020
The recording of today's webinar by Dr. Bruce Durie, "Mistrust Transcriptions: And Here's Why" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
I think we’ve all been there...we find a transcribed Birth/Baptism, Marriage, Death/Burial or Census entry, and it either 1) looks completely wrong, 2) looks too good to be true, 3) has no supporting citation or source information. So, how do we know 1) where it came from? 2) whether it’s actually correct, or even complete? 3) what the transcriptional errors might be? The answer, of course, is to find the original document. But that isn’t always possible. Particular bug-bears are 1) the dreaded “Selected Births and Baptisms, Scotland” 2) census transcriptions, 3) indexes, 4) online Family Trees. Join Dr. Bruce Durie for a Cautionary Tales tour of some of the worst offenders and howlers, and gives hints and suggestions as to how to get around them.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 27 minute recording of "‘Mistrust Transcriptions: And Here's Why" is now available to view in our webinar library for free. If you have a webinar membership, it is available anytime.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,263 classes, 1,502 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 5,054 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.