The recording of today's webinar by Janice Nickerson, "How to locate an ancestor in Ontario, Canada West or Upper Canada (when you don’t know where they lived)" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
This webinar will provide strategies and resources to help you discover where your ancestor lived in Ontario, Canada West or Upper Canada, when you don’t have a specific place of origin. These include the types of records you should search in your ancestors’ place of later settlement, as well as records that are specific to Ontario (which, depending on the time period, might be called Ontario, Canada West or Upper Canada) research. As the focus here is on locating your ancestor, we will focus on province-wide records and indexes. We will not cover the many records and indexes that are useful to the genealogist once the place of residence is known. Handout materials will include references for specific publications and records.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 26 minute recording of "How to locate an ancestor in Ontario, Canada West or Upper Canada (when you don’t know where they lived)" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. If you have a webinar membership, it is available anytime.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,445 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 5,523 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year