Freedmen's Bureau Labor Contracts - free webinar by Bernice Alexander Bennett, now online for limited time
The recording of today's webinar by Bernice Alexander Bennett, "Freedmen's Bureau Labor Contracts" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
The Records of the Field Offices for the Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands, 1863-1872 (RG 105) consist of an array of documents created after the Civil War. This session will focus specifically on the genealogical value of exploring freedmen’s labor contracts to include the location of the contract, plantation name and owner of the plantation, names of the laborer and his/her family, and terms of the contract. Several examples will be discussed to show how the contract terms are written and monitored in several States and communities.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour and 11 minute recording of "Freedmen's Bureau Labor Contracts" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. If you have a webinar membership, it is available anytime.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,555 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 5,928 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year