Introduction to Researching Your Mississippi Ancestors - free webinar by Angela Walton-Raji now online for limited time
The recording of today's webinar by Angela Walton-Raji, "Introduction to Researching Your Mississippi Ancestors" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
Mississippi, like many other states has rich genealogical data for African American research, most of which can be found in traditional places---census, vital records, local courthouse records. However, this state also offers some unique records from the period of the Civil War, the era of freedom and emancipation, and also records reflecting families to ties with Native American communities. There were 31 branches of the Freedmen's Bureau throughout Mississippi. There were 11 regiments of the United States Colored troops representing over 10,000 men of African descent in the Union Army from the state. In addition to many of those collections, are resources from the Educable Children's list, Southern Claims Commission records of black homesteaders. This session will explore some of those rich resources and methods of finding them.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour and 36 minute recording of "Introduction to Researching Your Mississippi Ancestors" is now available to view in our webinar library for free. If you have a webinar membership, it is available anytime.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,557 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 5,932 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year