My 20 Year Mystery – Finding family origins with Y-DNA - free webinar by the Board for Certification of Genealogists and Shellee Morehead, PhD, CG now online for limited time
October 19, 2021
The recording of tonight's webinar by the Board for Certification of Genealogists and Shellee Morehead, PhD, CG, "My 20 Year Mystery – Finding family origins with Y-DNA" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com/bcg for free for a limited time.
Beginner genealogists often research their surname origins first, and get stuck at a certain point. The skills needed to surmount these early brick walls come in time, with study and practice, and the increasing availability of DNA and online resources. In this webinar, Shellee describes her brick wall ancestor, Samuel Morehead, of Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana, and the techniques that she used to identify his parentage and place of origin. Sticky problems like this require a variety of approaches including Y-DNA analysis, the FAN club, tax, land and court records, censuses, historical analysis and mapping techniques, to name a few. She will detail the clues acquired from all of these methods as she developed an hypothesis to satisfy the Genealogical Proof Standard.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 26 minute recording of "My 20 Year Mystery – Finding family origins with Y-DNA" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. If you have a webinar membership, it is available anytime.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,623 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 6,076 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.