Top 10 genealogy webinars — October 2021
November 01, 2021
We've tallied the numbers and made a list of the Top 10 FamilyTreeWebinars.com classes for October 2021! Are your favorite topics or instructors among the list? Need something new to learn? Use the list to get inspired!
Each month thousands of Legacy Family Tree Webinar subscribers head for the library to learn new skills and techniques to help improve their genealogy research. Among the now-1,629 genealogy classes in the members-only library, these were the most frequently played during the month of October 2021. They aren't necessarily the newest classes but rather the topics that were sought out by our members.
Have you seen any of these classes? Are these among your favorites too? Some of these classes (and topics) might be new to you! Get inspired to learn more and make your genealogy journey more fun!
The Top 10 for October 2021
1. Navigating Your Way Through FamilySearch by Cyndi Ingle
2. Context: A Powerful Tool for Problem Solving by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL
3. Comparing the Genealogy Giants 2021: Ancestry, FamilySearch, Findmypast, and MyHeritage by Sunny Morton
4. My ancestors were Irish – or were they? by Natalie Bodle
5. My 20 Year Mystery – Finding family origins with Y-DNA by Shellee Morehead, PhD, CG
6. Building Family Trees for Your DNA Matches by Mary Eberle, JD
7. What am I missing? Recognizing Research Holes in Available Sources by Patti Lee Hobbs, CG
8. Using Mind Mapping as a Visual Research Plan by Amy Larner Giroux, PhD, CG, CGL
9. Investigate the Neighborhood to Advance Your Research by Melinda Henningfield, CG, CGL
10. The new and improved Legacy Family Tree Webinars website by Geoff Rasmussen
11. A Cargo of Criminals: Transportation to Australia by Carol Baxter
12. Seven Immigration Methodologies, with Case Studies Across the Centuries by David S. Ouimette, CG, CGL
13.Private Land Claims—Complicated? Yes, but worth it! by Rick Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA
14. Tech with Thomas by Thomas MacEntee
15. Born a Slave: Rediscovering Arthur Jackson's African American Heritage by David W. Jackson
16. Recent updates to MyHeritage's historical record search engine by Mike Mansfield
17. Inferred Mapping Explained by Michelle Leonard
18. Cluster Research: Using Groups of People to Find Your People by Robyn Smith
19. The Mysterious Death of Anna T. McPhillips by Thomas MacEntee
20. Sources and Citations Made Simple, Standard, and Powerful by Geoff Rasmussen
The 2nd Runner-Ups
21. “Twelve Good and Lawful Men”: Jury Lists in Genealogy by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
22. An Introduction to DNA Painter by Jonny Perl
23. Standards for Genealogical Documentation by Thomas W. Jones, PhD, CG
24. FAN + GPS + DNA: The Problem-Solver's Great Trifecta by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL
25. DNA Health Tests and Your Family Health History by Rick Crume
26. Where Did That Come From?! Tracing the Origins of Unique Ethnicity Admixture by Paul Woodbury
27. Paint Your Way Up Your Tree with MyHeritage and DNAPainter by Roberta Estes
28. Beginning Ukrainian Genealogy by Michelle Chubenko
29. Reasonably Exhaustive Research: The First Criteria for Genealogical Proof by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL
30. What are the Odds? Finding Answers Using DNA Painter’s WATO Tool by Debra Renard
Access to classes in the Legacy Family Tree Webinar library are available with an webinar membership. Not a member? Become one! Or watch one of our free classes here.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.