Expelled from Nova Scotia: Researching the Acadian Diaspora to the Colonies - free webinar by Ann G. Lawthers, Sc.D. now online for limited time
The recording of Friday's webinar by Ann G. Lawthers, Sc.D., "Expelled from Nova Scotia: Researching the Acadian Diaspora to the Colonies" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
In 1750 nearly 7000 Acadian settlers of Nova Scotia were summarily rounded up, boarded onto ships and sent southward to the American Colonies. The colonies to which they were sent had little or no warning of the refugees imminent arrival. This webinar reviews the unique political and social environments of each receiving colony, the fate of the Acadians once landed, and describes where the researcher can find clues about their ancestor in the records of each colony.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 18 minute recording of "Expelled from Nova Scotia: Researching the Acadian Diaspora to the Colonies" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,759 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 6,487 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year