African Americans Heading West - free replay of today's webinar now online for limited time
August 05, 2022
The recording of today's webinar, "African Americans Heading West" by Janice Lovelace, PhD is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
After the end of the Civil War in 1865, African Americans began leaving the areas where they had been enslaved. Many went to North to larger towns where work was more plentiful. But less discussed is that a number went West to farm, using the Homestead Act of 1862 to claim land of their own. Other settled in and helped develop some all-Black towns in Kansas and Oklahoma. Still others headed to the Pacific Coast for work. What can we find out about these settlers’ lives? Where can we find records?
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 22 minute recording of "African Americans Heading West" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,813 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 6,725 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)