Abstracting Documents: An Essential Skill for All Genealogists - replay of tonight's BCG webinar now online and free for limited time
September 21, 2022
The recording of tonight's webinar by the Board for Certification of Genealogists and Julie Miller, CG, CGL, FNGS, "Abstracting Documents: An Essential Skill for All Genealogists" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
Every document that is used during genealogical research must be thoroughly and accurately analyzed. Abstracting is a fundamental part of this research and analyzing process. Yet many genealogists are not confident in their ability to perform this task effectively and efficiently. This causes researchers to avoid the abstracting process resulting in research errors. An abstract is a summary of all the important details in a document. This presentation will examine the abstracting process by using examples that show how to abstract a variety of documents, general guidelines for abstracting, what to include and what to eliminate when creating an abstract, and lastly will explore some problems that might be encountered while abstracting.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 26 minute recording of "Abstracting Documents: An Essential Skill for All Genealogists" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,846 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 6,895 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.