We've tallied the numbers and made a list of the Top 10 FamilyTreeWebinars.com classes for September 2022! Are your favorite topics or instructors among the list? Need something new to learn? Use the list to get inspired!
Each month thousands of Legacy Family Tree Webinar subscribers head for the library to learn new skills and techniques to help improve their genealogy research. Among the now-1,863 genealogy classes in the members-only library, these were the most frequently played during the month of September 2022. They aren't necessarily the newest classes but rather the topics that were sought out by our members.
Have you seen any of these classes? Are these among your favorites too? Some of these classes (and topics) might be new to you! Get inspired to learn more and make your genealogy journey more fun!
The Top 10 for September 2022
1. Mastering Digital Filing for Genealogists by Cyndi Ingle
2. mtDNA and YDNA in 2022 by Diahan Southard
3. Abstracting Documents: An Essential Skill for All Genealogists by Julie Miller, CG, CGL
4. Tracing migrating ancestors: Who what where when why and how by Myko Clelland
5. Finding Fayette's Father: Autosomal DNA Reveals Misattributed Parentage by Jennifer Zinck, CG
6. Descendants of the Enslaved and Enslavers - Working Together to Discover Family by Cheri Hudson Passey and Sharon Batiste Gillins
7. Entering the Old Northwest Territory: The First American West by Peggy Clemens Lauritzen, AG
8. 10 Best Self-Publishing Tips for Family Historians by Lisa A. Alzo, M.F.A.
9. Strategies to Jumpstart Your Research by Teri E. Flack, M.A. (Public History), M.B.A.
10. What's Next When You Are Told Those Records Were 'Burnt up' by J. Mark Lowe, FUGA
11. Germany to Pennsylvania: 18th Century Odyssey by James M. Beidler
12. What You Can Learn from Lineage Societies... Without Being a Member! by Elizabeth Swanay O’Neal
13. Understanding and Using Scottish Kirk Session Records by Paul Milner FUGA, MDiv
14. Using Google Books to Find the Law by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
15. FamilySearch.org - 5 More Links You Have to Try by Devin Ashby
16. A Deep Dive into the Map Collections of the Library of Congress by Rick Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA
17. Changing Places Changing Borders: Overcoming geographic challenges by Dave Obee
18. Michigan: An Upper Midwest Researcher's Dream by Paula Stuart-Warren, CG, FMGS
19. Fruit of the Earth: Using Deeds to Uncover Your Ancestors by Robyn Smith
20. Delivering the Mail: Records of the United States Post Office by Michael L. Strauss, AG
The 2nd Runner-Ups
21. The Pros and Cons of Collaboration on Geni.com by E. Randol Schoenberg
22. Direct Your Letters to San Jose: Following Ancestors' Migration Trails by David W. Jackson
23. Ransomware and your computer by Andy Klein
24. An introduction to Filae: the largest source of French archives by Emmanuel Condamine
25. Cyndi's List in Practice by Cyndi Ingle
26. Proof Arguments - How to Write Them and Why They Matter by Warren Bittner, CG
27. Irish Emigration to North America: Before during and after Famine by Paul Milner FUGA, MDiv
28. What's New at DNA Painter by Jonny Perl
29. Researching Oklahoma Roots by Billie Stone Fogarty, M.Ed.
30. Documenting Cemeteries with BillionGraves by Cathy Wallace