We've tallied the numbers and made a list of the Top 10 FamilyTreeWebinars.com classes for October 2022! Are your favorite topics or instructors among the list? Need something new to learn? Use the list to get inspired!
Each month thousands of Legacy Family Tree Webinar subscribers head for the library to learn new skills and techniques to help improve their genealogy research. Among the now-1,863 genealogy classes in the members-only library, these were the most frequently played during the month of October 2022. They aren't necessarily the newest classes but rather the topics that were sought out by our members.
Have you seen any of these classes? Are these among your favorites too? Some of these classes (and topics) might be new to you! Get inspired to learn more and make your genealogy journey more fun!
The Top 10 for October 2022
1. One Man, Multiple Names: A DNA-Based Case Study by Dana Leeds
2. Mastering Digital Filing for Genealogists by Cyndi Ingle
3. The Top Ten DNA Do's and Don'ts! by Michelle Leonard
4. Structuring a Family History - class 1 of 4 by Carol Baxter
5. Hidden Stories: Using Analysis to Explore the Unexpected in Family History by Jennifer Zinck, CG
6. Indirect Evidence, A Case Study: The Parents of Elizabeth Wingate in Maryland (1795–1860) by Rebecca Koford, CG, CGL
7. 50 Mostly "Hot off the Press" Net Sites You Want to Check Out! by Diane L. Richard
8. Finding Henrietta: Reconciling Conflicting Evidence to Reveal a Woman’s Identity by Nicole Gilkison LaRue, CG
9. Colonial Migrations to 1770 by Ann G. Lawthers, Sc.D.
10. Crafting Vivid Sentences that hook our readers - class 2 of 4 by Carol Baxter
11. The Hub of the Wheel: How Tracing a Brother with no Children Connected Ten Siblings by Mary Kircher Roddy, CG
12. Misled by Records: Identifying Adam Cosner's Parentage by Pam Stone Eagleson, CG
13. When Wrong is Actually Right: Constructing Proof Arguments for Counterintuitive Conflicts by Meryl Schumacker, CG
14. Four Keys to Creating Complete and Accurate Transcriptions (and Why You Should) by Shannon Green, CG
15. Crafting vivid scenes from a few dry facts - class 3 of 4 by Carol Baxter
16. Peeling the Onion: Getting to the Original Sources by Gary Ball-Kilbourne, PhD, CG
17. Abstracting Documents: An Essential Skill for All Genealogists by Julie Miller, CG, CGL
18. mtDNA and YDNA in 2022 by Diahan Southard
19. Researching at the Archives of Ontario by Janice Nickerson
20. Quickly Organize Your DNA Matches with the Leeds Method by Dana Leeds
The 2nd Runner-Ups
21. Publishing - class 4 of 4 by Carol Baxter
22. Consult via…Explore with…Discover through…Literature Reviews by Jan Joyce, CG, CGL
23. Strategies to Jumpstart Your Research by Teri E. Flack, M.A., M.B.A.
24. Once upon a time: It's all about the story by Carol Baxter
25. Encounters - Our Immigrant Ancestors by Fiona Brooker
26. Norway Research with Online Records at MyHeritage and Beyond by Mike Mansfield
27. Start with You: Writing About Yourself by Brenda Hudson, Ph.D.
28. The Tennessee State Library and Archives: A Mega Archives for Your Tennessee Ancestors by Melissa Barker
29. A Deep Dive into the Map Collections of the Library of Congress by Rick Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA
30. Separate Even in Death – Black Funerals and Cemeteries by Janice Lovelace, PhD