Their Mark Here: Signatures and Marks as Identifying Tools - free replay of tonight's BCG webinar by Nicole Gilkison LaRue, CG now online for limited time
The recording of tonight's webinar by the Board for Certification of Genealogists and Nicole Gilkison LaRue, CG, "Their Mark Here: Signatures and Marks as Identifying Tools" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com/BCG for free for a limited time.
Marks and signatures can be highly effective tools when researchers are attempting to untangle the identities of our forebears. But how do you know whether the signature in front of you is original? Can you still use it as evidence in your case even if it’s not? These questions and more are answered by looking at the fundamental concepts of source and evidence analysis. Once you know how to evaluate your sources, we’ll go over a few records to look at when searching for those marks and signatures in your own research. And finally, we’ll look at some examples of published articles which incorporate the use of marks and signatures.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 12 minute recording of "Their Mark Here: Signatures and Marks as Identifying Tools" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,887 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 7,067 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year