Exploring the Records in a Slave Owning Community - free replay of today's webinar by Bernice Alexander Bennett now available for limited time
January 18, 2023
The recording of Wednesday's webinar by Bernice Alexander Bennett, "Exploring the Records in a Slave Owning Community" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
This session focuses on the thousands of transactions occurring in Edgefield, South Carolina in a County that did not burn, therefore, these records revealed the value placed on a slave in this community. “In the antebellum South, a prime male hand was the overriding measure for determining prices for enslaved workers. Hearty, prime women who were good breeders also had a high market value. Other factors that contributed to the sale price of a slave were gender, age, and skill.”
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 29 minute recording of "Exploring the Records in a Slave Owning Community" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,907 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 7,146 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.