Grant Din has conducted genealogical research for over thirty years and currently serves on the board of the California Genealogical Society. He served on the staff of the Angel Island Immigration Station Foundation for eight years and currently volunteers there to manage the Immigrant Voices website with over 220 stories of West Coast immigrants from throughout the world. Grant's interest in genealogy started at a wedding reception in his youth, where a relative showed him a page from a family tree showing he is in the 36th generation of the Gong family (he's also a 24th generation Owyang). He holds a Certificate in Genealogical Research from Boston University, an M.A. in public policy analysis from Claremont Graduate University, and a B.A. in sociology with emphasis on urban studies from Yale University, and has traveled throughout the U.S., China, and Japan for his research. Recently, Grant was a part of the research team for The Six, an upcoming film about the Chinese who survived the Titanic. He has over thirty years of experience in the Bay Area non-profit sector and lives with his family in Oakland, CA.
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for a limited time. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their membership.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!