Name Changes and the Law - free replay of tonight's BCG webinar by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL now available for limited time
May 16, 2023
The recording of today's webinar by the Board for Certification of Genealogists and Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL, "Name Changes and the Law” is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com/BCG for free for a limited time.
Names weren’t changed at Ellis Island, but in courts, legislatures and elsewhere both formally and officially — and on the fly. As genealogists, we need to know why names were changed, and how those changes might be recorded, if we want to have a chance at finding out what’s in a name.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 8 minute recording of "Name Changes and the Law" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,978 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 7,521 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.