Become a better Microsoft PowerPoint user with our new 8-part PowerPoint series by Seema Kenney. You'll learn tips that will have you working faster and like a pro.
The 8-class series - Microsoft PowerPoint
- Introduction to and Overview of Microsoft PowerPoint (free through May 24, 2023)
- Formatting PowerPoint Text
- Graphics in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Charting in Microsoft PowerPoint
- From Presentation to Movie: Adding Motion to PowerPoint
- Advanced Formatting Options in PowerPoint
- Advanced Tools in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Presenting with Microsoft PowerPoint
We're working hard to give our webinar subscribers the educational classes they need to maximize their genealogical research!
The first class in the series is free to all through May 24, 2023. The remaining seven are new bonus classes in the webinar library. The webinar previews are always free for non-members to watch.
The individual classes
1. Introduction to and Overview of Microsoft PowerPoint
PowerPoint is part of the Microsoft Office Suite. It is similar to other programs, yet different as well. This presentation will introduce you to the program as well as the personalization options available to make the program do more work for you
2. Formatting PowerPoint Text
Formatting your presentation goes beyond Fonts, Bold, and Italic. Learn how to use the Font and Paragraph icons to quicken your work as well as special touches that will make your presentation more memorable.
3. Graphics in Microsoft PowerPoint
We are a visual society. Adding Graphics (ClipArt, Photos, Shapes, SmartArt, WordArt) to your PowerPoint presentation helps make your point. This session will cover inserting, layering, grouping, and modifying the many graphics available within Microsoft PowerPoint.
4. Charting in Microsoft PowerPoint
Charts are a great way to display information in PowerPoint. In this session we’ll cover types of charts, the tools available for editing and customizing your charts, and the options for animating your chart for the added element of surprise!
5. From Presentation to Movie: Adding Motion to PowerPoint
Ready to turn your PowerPoint into more of an action film? Adding animations to your slides and transitions between your slides sets you up for converting your presentation to a movie.
6. Advanced Formatting Options in PowerPoint
Advanced formatting options for PowerPoint in this session will include Tables, Screenshots, Videos, Audio, Action Buttons, and Hyperlinks. In addition, this is where we’ll discuss the use of PowerPoint designs.
7. Advanced Tools in Microsoft PowerPoint
Wrapping up our exploration of PowerPoint, we need to review output options, comments, headers and footers, working with multiple files, and Masters!
8. Presenting with Microsoft PowerPoint
This session will review the tools for preparing to present as well as those available while presenting with Microsoft PowerPoint.
A wife, mother of 3, and entrepreneur, Seema is an active member of several societies and part of the NERGC planning committee. Based on over 20 years of research, her known roots are deep in New England as well as England, Germany, and Sweden. DNA research has now added The Netherlands to that list.
Not a member yet?
Legacy Family Tree Webinars provides genealogy education where-you-are through live and recorded online webinars and videos. Learn from the best instructors in genealogy including Elizabeth Shown Mills, Judy Russell, J. Mark Lowe, Thomas MacEntee, Cyndi Ingle, Paul Woodbury, and many more. Learn at your convenience. On-demand classes are available 24 hours a day! All you need is a computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
Subscribe today and get access to this BONUS members-only webinar AND all of this:
- All 1987 classes in the library
- 1,578 pages of instructors' handouts
- Chat logs from the live webinars
- Additional 5% off anything at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
- Chance for a bonus subscribers-only door prize during each live webinar
- Additional members-only webinars
It's just $49.95/year.