Turning Witnesses into Evidence — replay of today's webinar by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL now available for webinar members
The recording of today's webinar by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL, "Turning Witnesses into Evidence” is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com/ESM with a webinar membership.
Witnesses are not afterthoughts tacked onto the end of documents. Although they filled a routine role for our ancestors, they are significant informants for us—once we learn how to use those names to develop evidence. This session approaches the topic in two ways: theory and application. It explores record types that offer witnesses, ways in which witnesses were used, situations that affected the choice of witnesses, signals that indicate whether a witness would be important to our research, and methods to apply in our development of the clues they offer. A challenging case study presents an unmarried freedwoman, never named in any census, who died about 1817—and applies key strategies to determine her death and burial sites.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 24 minute recording of "Turning Witnesses into Evidence" is now available to view in our webinar library (webinar membership required).
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 2,040 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 7,742 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year