Register for Webinar Wednesday — Setting Sail with Your Seafaring Ancestors by Denise E. Cross, MSLIS, CG
This lecture explores a variety of tools and resources for tracking sea faring ancestors along with examples from research, including: maritime primary sources and collections, vessel types, tracing captains and crews through newspaper reports, following their journeys by plotting ships logs’ latitude and longitude records, and adding context to their lives through historic events affecting mariners. The focus is on nineteenth century records and events.
About the presenter
Denise Cross, MSLIS, CG, is a community college librarian who enjoys research, especially digging deep for an elusive answer. Researching her family since the 1990s, she began formalized education in genealogy with the Boston University Certificate Program in Genealogical Research in 2015. The course opened up the world of methodology to extract indirect evidence from records. Her focus is writing and she has published several articles since 2016. She is a winner of the 2020 AGS Scholar Award
and was granted the Certified Genealogist credential the same year.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for a limited time. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their membership.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at:
- 8pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 7pm Central
- 6pm Mountain
- 5pm Pacific
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!