Register for Friday's African Diaspora Series webinar: Friends of Friends: Quakers and African American Communities by Ari Wilkins
Well-known for their anti-slavery views, Quakers began to migrate to the slave-free territories in the 19th century. As they migrated out of the South, Quakers emancipated and traveled with their newly freed slaves. Once settled, the sect continued their abolitionist cause by supporting the Underground Railroad – transporting runaway slaves to free states. In turn, free blacks established their own settlements, while still maintaining ties with the Quaker community.
About the presenter
Ari Wilkins graduated from Louisiana State University with a bachelor’s degree in interior design. She has been actively researching family history since 1998. Ms. Wilkins has spoken nationally at the National Genealogical Society, the Federation of Genealogical Societies, the Institute of Genealogical and Historical Research, the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, the Texas Institute of Genealogical Research, the Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh, the American Library Association, RootsTech, and a multitude of state and local societies. Ari has been a Library Associate at Dallas Public Library since 2007. She speaks on multitude of genealogical subjects and specializes in African American research.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for a limited time. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their membership.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Friday, November 3, 2023 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!