Can You Write a Wrong? Copyright in Australia — free replay of today's Down Under webinar by Cathie Sherwood now available for limited time
The recording of today's webinar by Cathie Sherwood, "Can You Write a Wrong? Copyright in Australia” is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
Knowing what we can freely use, without permission, in our family histories ensures that we are not infringing on the rights of others. For example, did you know that if you watch your grandmother make her secret pasta sauce, writing down the ingredients and methods she used, you have created your own ‘literary work’ which is now protected by copyright? (Just don’t tell Granny!) How then does copyright law apply to published and unpublished works? What is fair use and moral rights? Can a distant cousin use information in her family book that I have researched? This presentation will examine those aspects of Australia’s copyright law which apply to family historians and discusses ways we can comply with the law.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 56 minute recording of "Can You Write a Wrong? Copyright in Australia" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 2,105 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 8,027 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year