Register for Friday's African Diaspora Series webinar: African American Research 101 – Post-Civil War to the Present (Part 1 of 3) by Ari Wilkins
This lecture will discuss how to get started in African American research. The objective of this lecture is to demonstrate what comprehensive African American research looks like from 1870 to the present. It will discuss sources such as: census, vital, and military records; the WPA slave narratives; newspapers; and city directories. It will also cover basic genealogical methodology.
About the presenter
Ari Wilkins graduated from Louisiana State University with a bachelor’s degree in interior design. She has been actively researching family history since 1998. Ms. Wilkins has spoken nationally at the National Genealogical Society, the Federation of Genealogical Societies, the Institute of Genealogical and Historical Research, the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, the Texas Institute of Genealogical Research, the Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh, the American Library Association, RootsTech, and a multitude of state and local societies. Ari has been a Library Associate at Dallas Public Library since 2007. She speaks on multitude of genealogical subjects and specializes in African American research.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for a limited time. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their membership.
The webinar will be live on Friday, February 2, 2024 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!