The recording of today's webinar by Natalie Bodle, "My ancestors were Irish – or were they? The origins of Irish surnames and building your family tree using Irish naming patterns" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
The webinar examines the history and origins of Irish surnames – native Irish, Scottish, English, Welsh, Huguenot, Viking, Gallowglass and Jewish. If you don’t know where in Ireland your ancestors originated, we’ll include tips to help you to narrow down the location. First names often followed a traditional naming pattern and this can help to build your family tree. We’ll use case studies using traditional naming patterns to show how this worked. There are some naming traditions that were used in particular by the Ulster Scots that again can help to expand your family tree and we’ll also cover the Latin names sometimes used in Roman Catholic records.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 25 minute recording of "My ancestors were Irish – or were they? The origins of Irish surnames and building your family tree using Irish naming patterns" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. If you have a webinar membership, it is available anytime.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,622 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 6,076 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year