McMasters’ Will: The Scheme That Made Us Virtually Free - free webinar by Calvin Dark now online for limited time
The recording of today's African Diaspora Webinar Series webinar by Calvin Dark, "McMasters’ Will: The Scheme That Made Us Virtually Free" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
Calvin Dark presents the story of his Great-Great Grandfather, Aaron McMasters, born enslaved around 1814 in North Carolina. When he was 20 years old, he convinced his master and biological father, Simeon McMasters, to free him but North Carolina law wouldn’t allow it. This presentation will shed light on aspects of slavery (including manumission, emancipation, anti-slavery vs. abolitionist groups, Underground Railroad, Quakers, and Black Codes), Reconstruction, and African American history in North Carolina that are lesser-known and largely omitted from mainstream teaching and discourse about the period. The presentation will also provide tips and lessons learned for using genetic genealogy to uncover and discover valuable family history.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 20 minute recording of "McMasters’ Will: The Scheme That Made Us Virtually Free" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,770 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 6,549 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year