We've tallied the numbers and made a list of the Top 10 FamilyTreeWebinars.com classes for October 2020! Are your favorite topics or instructors among the list? Need something new to learn? Use the list to get inspired!
Each month thousands of Legacy Family Tree Webinar subscribers head for the library to learn new skills and techniques to help improve their genealogy research. Among the now-1,384 genealogy classes in the members-only library, these were the most frequently played during the month of October 2020. They aren't necessarily the newest classes but rather the topics that were sought out by our members.
Have you seen any of these classes? Are these among your favorites too? Some of these classes (and topics) might be new to you! Get inspired to learn more and make your genealogy journey more fun!
The Top 10 for October 2020
1. Advanced DNA Techniques: Deductive Chromosome Mapping by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
2. Wringing Every Drop out of Y DNA by Roberta Estes
3. Using DNA Test Results to Confirm a Pedigree by Angela Packer McGhie, CG
4. Comparing the Genealogy Giants 2020: Ancestry, FamilySearch, Findmypast, and MyHeritage by Sunny Morton
5. Dealing with Endogamy by Paul Woodbury
6. Use MyHeritage Records to Quickly Discover and Write the Story of Your Ancestors by Devin Noel Lee
7. From Generation to Generation: An Updated Look at Kinship Determination by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
8. How Old Did He Have To Be…? by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
9. Johdonmukainen sukupuu (Finnish) by Juha Vuorela
10. Five Windows 10 Productivity Tips (TechZone) by Marian Pierre-Louis
11. Geo-Genealogy as a Problem-Solving Tool: The Case of a 19th-Century Female Teenage Immigrant by J. H. (Jay) Fonkert, CG
12. 5 Ways to find your Family in Southern Manuscript Collections by J. Mark Lowe, CG, FUGA
13. Spanning 150 Years of Record Loss: A Methodological Approach to Identifying Parents in Sweden by Jill Morelli, CG
14. Web Surfing? Turn on Incognito Mode for Privacy (TechZone) by Marian Pierre-Louis
15. In Black and White: Finding Historical Newspapers From Around the World by Gena Philibert-Ortega
16. 'What are the Odds?' An online tool that can help solve DNA puzzles by Jonny Perl
17. Finding New Cousins and Building Your Family Tree with DNA by Anne Young
18. Discover the new Legacy Family Tree 9 by Geoff Rasmussen
19. Searching and Deleting Your Internet Browser History (TechZone) by Cheri Hudson Passey
20. 7 Easy Ideas for Better PowerPoint Design (TechZone) by Diane Boumenot
The 2nd Runner-Ups
21. Introduction to VPNs by Thomas MacEntee
22. Using Chromosome Browsers, Segment Data and Triangulation by Michelle Leonard
23. Jumpstart Your MyHeritage Family Tree with Instant Discoveries by James Tanner
24. Seven Steps to Manage Digital Files by Denise May Levenick
25. How to Convert % to cMs on 23andMe (TechZone) by Michelle Leonard
26. Reconstructing the Murphy Family Using DNA & Documentary Evidence by Melissa Johnson, CG
27. Cyndi's List in Practice by Cyndi Ingle
28. Organizing Your DNA Results (updated!) by Diahan Southard
29. Sources and Citations Made Simple, Standard, and Powerful by Geoff Rasmussen
30. Comparing the Genealogy Giants: Ancestry.com, FamilySearch, Findmypast and MyHeritage 2019 edition by Sunny Morton
Access to classes in the Legacy Family Tree Webinar library are available with an webinar membership. Not a member? Become one! Or watch one of our free classes here.