We've tallied the numbers and made a list of the Top 10 most-watched FamilyTreeWebinars.com classes for August 2023! Are your favorite topics or instructors among the list? Need something new to learn? Use the list to get inspired!
Each month thousands of Legacy Family Tree Webinar subscribers head for the library to learn new skills and techniques to help improve their genealogy research. Among the now-2,042 genealogy classes in the members-only library, these were the most watched during the month of August 2023. They aren't necessarily the newest classes but rather the topics that were sought out by our members.
Have you seen any of these classes? Are these among your favorites too? Some of these classes (and topics) might be new to you! Get inspired to learn more and make your genealogy journey more fun!
The Top 10 for August 2023
1. Turning Witnesses into Evidence by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL
2. Problem Solving in the Problem-Riddled Carolina Backcountry by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL
3. What Happened to Uncle Walter? Evidence Analysis and Correlation Uncover a Man’s Dual Identities by Sharon Hoyt, CG
4. How and When Did Our European Ancestors Get to Europe? by David Dowell
5. Finding Prussian Ancestors in Online Archives by Nancy E. Loe, MA, MLS
6. Born on the Fourth of July: Case Study of War of 1812 Veteran Joseph King by Michael L. Strauss, AG
7. Why We Should Look at In-Laws When Doing Genealogical Research by J. Mark Lowe, FUGA
8. Ten MORE Secrets to Using MyHeritage by Daniel Horowitz
9. Six Free Websites Every Ontario Genealogist Needs by Janice Nickerson
10. Following a Quaker Family: New Jersey to Iowa the Long Way Around by Annette Burke Lyttle
11. What’s the Evidence? How to Probe Documents Beyond the Obvious by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL
12. Loyalists, Freedmen and Frauds in the Southern Claims Commission by Sharon Batiste Gillins
13. Y DNA Discover Tool – What News Can Your Haplogroup Reveal? by Roberta Estes
14. Collateral Research-The Secret Sauce to Finding Family Records by Cheri Hudson Passey
15. Celebrating 2,000 Webinars! Plus 10 tips you can use today
16. I Hate Conflict! Mediating Sources that Don’t Agree by Elizabeth Williams Gomoll, CG
17. Did I Get Everything? Creating a Checklist for Genealogy Research by Thomas MacEntee
18. A Deep Dive into U.S. City Directories at MyHeritage by Katharine Andrew
19. World War II “Internment Camps” and Mass Incarceration in the U.S. by Linda Harms Okazaki
20. Teach MS Word to Type for You by Seema-Jayne Kenney
The 2nd Runner-Ups
21. Okay, I ‘Got the Neighbors’—Now What Do I Do with Them?! by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL
22. Elusive Ancestors: Never Too Poor to Trace by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL
23. Writing Up Your Research by Michael J. Leclerc, CG
24. Putting it All Together: Making Sense of All the Research You’ve Done by Robyn Smith
25. Six Top Sites for Queensland Research by Helen V. Smith
26. Samuel Witter vs. Samuel Witter: Separating Same Name Men, War of 1812 by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL
27. Reconstructing Your Genetic Family Tree by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
28. A Fresh Light on Old Newspapers by Dave Obee
29. Margaret’s Baby’s Father & The Lessons He Taught Me by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL
30. Indentured Servitude in the Mid-Atlantic States by Craig R. Scott, MA, CG, FUGA
Access to classes in the Legacy Family Tree Webinar library are available with an webinar membership. Not a member? Become one! Or watch one of our free classes here.
The #1 rated webinar in August 2023
After each live webinar, viewers rate the webinar on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being the highest). This month's #1 rated webinar is:
Loyalists, Freedmen and Frauds in the Southern Claims Commission by Sharon Batiste Gillins
Congrats to Sharon!