We've tallied the numbers and made a list of the Top 10 FamilyTreeWebinars.com classes for January 2021! Are your favorite topics or instructors among the list? Need something new to learn? Use the list to get inspired!
Each month thousands of Legacy Family Tree Webinar subscribers head for the library to learn new skills and techniques to help improve their genealogy research. Among the now-1,433 genealogy classes in the members-only library, these were the most frequently played during the month of January 2021. They aren't necessarily the newest classes but rather the topics that were sought out by our members.
Have you seen any of these classes? Are these among your favorites too? Some of these classes (and topics) might be new to you! Get inspired to learn more and make your genealogy journey more fun!
The Top 10 for January 2021
1. Ten Databases You Need to Know About by Shannon Combs-Bennett
2. Another 50 Websites Every Genealogist Should Know by Gena Philibert-Ortega
3. Do You Have an Artificial Brick Wall? by Robyn Smith
4. Where else to look? When matches don’t reply by Michelle Patient
5. Genealogy Unplugged: When Offline Records Are the Best by James M. Baker, PhD
6. An Introduction to DNA Painter by Jonny Perl
7. Death and Burial Practices in World War I and WW II by Rick Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA
8. 'What are the Odds?' An online tool that can help solve DNA puzzles by Jonny Perl
9. Four ways DNA Painter can help with your family history research by Jonny Perl
10. Let Windows 10 Magnify and Read Aloud for You! (TechZone) by Marian Pierre-Louis
11. From Grandmother to First European Landowner of Canada by Lianne Kruger
12. 5 Chrome Extensions for Genealogists (TechZone) by Cheri Hudson Passey
13. Genealogy Escape Room by Thomas MacEntee
14. Introducing Genetic Groups by Ran Snir
15. Understanding Estimated Relationships at MyHeritage (TechZone) by Michelle Leonard
16. Discover the new Legacy Family Tree 9 by Geoff Rasmussen
17. Understanding Predicted Relationships at Ancestry (TechZone) by Michelle Leonard
18. Photo Features on the MyHeritage Mobile App by Masha Novak
19. What You Need to Know to Buy a Monitor (TechZone) by Marian Pierre-Louis
20. 50 More Websites Every Genealogist Should Know by Gena Philibert-Ortega
The 2nd Runner-Ups
21. WordPress.com vs. Wordpress.org (TechZone) by Marc McDermott
22. Ten Best Sources for Determining Your Immigrant Ancestor's Town of Origin by Lisa Alzo
23. Finding Answers in Naturalization Records by Amie Bowser Tennant
24. Sources and Citations Made Simple, Standard, and Powerful by Geoff Rasmussen
25. Untangle the Web of German Websites by Teresa Steinkamp McMillin, CG
26. Bilan de l'année : les nouvelles fonctionnalités et collections de MyHeritage (French) by Elisabeth Zetland
27. Strategies to Find the Most Challenging Ancestors with Autosomal DNA Data by James M. Baker, PhD
28. Foundations in DNA 1 of 5: Genealogy and DNA by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
29. Understanding Predicted Relationships at 23andMe (TechZone) by Michelle Leonard
30. Dealing with Endogamy by Paul Woodbury
Access to classes in the Legacy Family Tree Webinar library are available with an webinar membership. Not a member? Become one! Or watch one of our free classes here.